Saturday, April 18, 2009

Banana chocolate chip cookies

I got asked for the recipe for the cookies, and, of course, I'm happy to share! Just as long as you let me know how it turns out for you and I get pictures of the results - promise? Pinky swear? OKAY!


Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. mashed bananas (usually about 2 bananas - the old kind :D)
2 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets (although I never do and they turn out fine!). Mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl. In separate bowl, cream butter with sugar, then beat in eggs and vanilla (I do this in my Kitchen-Aid stand mixer!). Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spoon onto pans at desired size (they don't get much bigger than what they are as a ball of dough, they just widen a bit and get airy).

Bake for 12-15 minutes. (This is what the recipe says, but I usually bake mine for more like 8 minutes. Use your discretion. You know how your oven works better than the recipe people. :D)

Enjoy! They're good warm and I also like to bag 'em up and put them in the fridge or freezer because they're just as amazing cold and that's how we always ate them at Grandma Marge's house growing up! She'd always have some cooked up and stored in the freezer! Delicious!

And remember, I want to see pictures of your results and hear how they were for you! :) Ready! Set! Bake!

2 comments:

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Thanks for posting that! I will try to make them soon!

Korey O said...

Oh my goodness these sound amazing!! I will have to try them out! :)